Tuesday, April 22, 2008


I went to IMM to pass something to a colleague, and dropped by the famous Daiso.

Guess what I found!

Matatabi powder, as seen on Auntie P, demonstrated by CocoMaomao!

I wonder if it works as well as catnip.



Pet tags....


Pet wipes.....Japanese seems obsessed with pet odour? They don't use litter too, just absorbent papers.......


A little burner for the cone incense....


Overall, it is weird place. Because there are so many varieties of merchandise, in such a big space, and the display is a bit 眼花撩乱. And there are more men customers....I thought they don't browse? But there is a huge section on bicycles, gardening, woodwork and crafts.

There are the usual household stuffs like dish washers laundry bags sponges but I also found some really weird stuffs eg incense set for visiting the graves, money folders for funerals and weddings........some stuffs do not have English descriptions so it was a bit tricky haha! Like my friend said, if use the foot stuff for the face, then die liao!

It was very warm and humid, so I almost suffocated walking from JUE to IMM.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

san said...

In no time at all, even Spencer can do the matatabi dance :)

kuro.shiro.neko said...

cat aunty, actually the japs do use litter. they have a really wide selection. i guess they just dont qualify as $2? hehe...

auntie p said...

"We love Daiso!" is our mantra. We used to visit very regularly years' ago, now we restrain ourselves...

They used to have cat litter, which worked very well, and sanitiser for pet urine/smells, but I haven't seen them nowadays. Maybe coz they won't make much profit from those stuff.

EJ. said...

Wonder if the matatabi works on Spencer. she is so stoned.